Thursday, February 5, 2009

On My Latest Book Report...

I have been doing something that would have pleased my Music teacher.

Now that I'm done analysing the first movement of Symphony 104 by Haydn (still) and studying World Music (Gamelan) to the point that I can actually get an honorary degree in ethnomusicology (I think...), I want to share this book I've been reading.



Yes, it looks like something I've been reading for ages, but actually started on it when I last put on my previous blog post. The book features stuff you can do to make people's lives miserable (and annoyed), and I've even taken liberty of practicing this new way of annoying readers (by putting parentheses all over the text) as you would should have noticed (by now).

Some excerpts (from the book of course):

1. Remember to announce "Cross the road!" loudly when the green man lights up.

2. Cheer up the grieving. Make two bluetack eyes and a smiley mouth and stick them to gravestones.

3. Ask for sandwich fillings while pointing at other ones.

There are more in the book's website http://worryfriends.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, i've been learning my German and needs practicing for good use, so if any of you
can speak German, tell me and we'll try having a proper conversation.

In addition, I've been listening to this band called Rosenstolz (http://www.rosenstolz.de/die_suche_geht_weiter/) and their music is great. I recommend that you hear some of their tunes (maybe Wie weit ist vorbei, Ich bin Ich, Willkommen and Gib mir Sonne). They sing in German however.

P.S. Since I've been learning German, I was resisting the temptation to put Capitals in the Oddest oF PlacEs.

No comments: